Hydro Excavation, also known as Non Destructive digging is an environmentally friendly process of using high pressure water and vacuum system to safely excavate around underground infrastructure and tree roots.
The water is used to break up even the hardest ground around services and tree roots. The vacuum then draws up the loose slurry into a large tank on the truck.
This safe and precise type of excavation vastly reduces the risk of damages to utilities compared to manual or mechanical digging. Hence, it requires less back fill, labour and restoration.
Advantages of Hydro Excavation
No matter the project, Hydro Excavation (NDD) is becoming the desired method in many areas due to the precision, safety and speed of the technique
- Cost effective and safe service locating
- Minimal surface disruptions equate to reduced environmental impact
- Removes the risk of excavating around services such as gas, water and communications
- Excavating trenches under driveways and pillars
- Reduces the cost of reinstatements
- Safely exposes assets such as optic fibre, tree removal and post hole removal
- Accessing tight spaces and safely operate close to existing structures
- The Vac Truck can be located at a distance from the actual area being worked